Thursday, June 12, 2014

Kale Chips

So I have been trying hard to behave lately when it comes to meals and snacks. I know, I am the one that just posted Kool Aid Ice Cream last week. Let's get real though who doesn't like ice cream? It's okay to have a cheat treat every once in a while. Makes you appreciate your clean eating habits!

I got a bunch of kale in my Bountiful Basket.... Usually when I get a bunch of kale zuppa toscana soup is going through my mind. That soup is delicious and all but its 90 degrees outside here. I'll pass on soup. Anyways! I am a snacker. It's my downfall. So I try to be cautious of what I snack on. Nothing more than headway when looking at the scale and in the mirror sparks wanting to eat clean! You just feel so proud of yourself and your body is fueled not fed. Kale chips is a healthy quick snack that will leave you with NO guilt! Well one time I ate a whole bunch of kale turned into chips. It bakes down, That makes it okay right? Fine, extra few reps of mountain climbers! HEY better than eating a whole bag of potato chips!!

Anyways, Give this recipe a try and enjoy a healthy snack!
Turn your oven to 350 and let's do this!

Kale Chips

Kale Chips

1 Bundle fresh kale
1/2 Tablespoon Olive Oil (Give or take)
1 Teaspoon sea salt

Heat oven to 350. Cut your kale off of the main stems leaving just pieces of the leaves behind. Cut into bite sized pieces. Spread out in a single layer on a cookie sheet and drizzle/spray your olive oil over the bed of kale. Sprinkle salt over it all and bake for 10-15 minutes or until crisp. Watch out for your edges burning. It won't take long so keep an eye on it while its baking. 

*TIPS* I use a Misto Oil Sprayer for spraying my olive oil over bed of kale. Works like a charm! I have also added other flavors to these as well. Red pepper flakes for a spicy twist. Parmesan for an cheesy spin. Even just seasoned salt if you desiring more than just sea salt. I use coarse ground sea salt when making this recipe but whatever you have on hand will be fine. Be creative and come up with other varieties to flavor up this healthy snack! 



No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...