Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Bacon cheeseburger salad

Call me crazy but I love salads. Side salads, meal salads, potato salad, pasta salad, okay those last two aren't really salad but they sure are yummy.

I know it has the word cheeseburger in it but it also has the word salad in it, so lets focus on that and call it a health food. You're welcome, your summer just got that much awesomer.



This salad is so easy to make too! Easy is my favorite thing to make for dinner, so we have this often.

Brown 1 pound hamburger (shown here with elk hamburger) with 1/2 of a medium onion, chopped, and 1 TBS chili powder.

Then layer lettuce, meat mixture and top with tomatoes, cheese, chopped onion, small pieces of cooked bacon, and homemade thousand island dressing.  Add a pickle and eat.  Yummy yummy salad.  I only wish I had some avocados to put on it.

Now when I say to use thousand island dressing, I mean it! If you use ranch then your just going to have a meaty still good salad but it will NOT be a bacon cheeseburger salad.


Click to print 







No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...