Monday, June 9, 2014

Homemade thousand island dressing

So I wanted to make a salad but it called for thousand island dressing, and ONLY thousand island or it would not be the same. But we don't eat thousand island and if I bought a bottle then we would eat it on this one salad and never ever again.  So I made my own.

Whisk together 1 part mayo and 1 part ketchup and 1 part dill pickle juice, more or less depending on how thick you want it.

Oh ya baby, this stuff is good! Way better than store bought because it doesn't have chunks! If you happen to like chunks of random stuff floating aimlessly through your dressing, than use some dill relish instead or in addition to the pickle juice. I don't like chunks.  Chunks are gross, I also don't like jam, because it has chunks.  Maybe that's why I never liked store bought thousand island.  This is a no chunk household.



Do you know that ''secret sauce'' some restaurants use? It's mayo, ketchup, and pickle juice, oops! Did I just spill the beans? My bad...

Click to print 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...