Thursday, July 31, 2014

Chicken Wrapped Asparagus

So our family eats quite rustic on a regular basis. A spin off of a fancy meal is not seen on our dinner table much! With that being said the other day I randomly had chicken breasts defrosted AND asparagus.. Instead of just grilling em up I said why not try and combine them into one? Wrap it up! I must say I cook a lot and love all that I produce but I rarely feel as proud as I did with this dish. I was intimidated with just the thought of making it so making it and having it be a success and taste delicious left me feeling quite proud! I get a lot of my inspiration from watching food network and cook channel. It may be the worst thing for me but I usually watch a cooking show while I do my workout. Talk about cussing all food while doing burpees. Nevertheless I enjoy challenging my creativity with inspiration from those shows and this recipe is a perfect example!

Cook up this recipe and have a glass of wine. Get a little classy. Or just cook it up, have a beer and watch Duck Dynasty thats totally cool, too! I'd lean more towards the second of the two!

The cream sauce compliments this dish perfectly.
Chicken Wrapped Asparagus 

6 Chicken Breasts
1 Pound of asparagus with ends trimmed off
2 Tablespoons butter
Poultry seasoning

*Some saran wrap and butchers string and a meat mallet, if you don't have a meat mallet use the bottom side of a fry pan*

For the sauce

8 Oz. Cream cheese
1/2 Cup Parmesan cheese
1/3 Cup milk
3 Tablespoons butter
1/4 Teaspoon garlic powder
Salt n Pepper

Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Lay your chicken breasts on a cutting board. Lay a single layer of saran wrap over them all and using a meat mallet beat your chicken into large round thin pieces for ease of wrapping. Once beaten sprinkle poultry seasoning over both sides. Take your asparagus and saute to par cook them making the main cooking process quicker. Once cooked spread out the pound evenly laying pieces of the asparagus over one end of the chicken. 

Pre cut your butcher string into as many pieces as you need for ease. You can do a butchers knot or 2 strings a piece. Tie a knot on each end to hold the chicken together. Very easy! Roll your chicken around asparagus and continue to roll until completely rolled up. Tie your two strings and your done! Continue until pieces are gone.

Saute chicken in butter to brown your outside a little before baking process. Once browned lay in an olive oil drizzled baking pan and bake for about 8-10 minutes. Watch closely so your chicken doesn't dry out.

For the sauce

Melt butter and cream cheese in a saucepan. Whisk in Parm until combined. Slowly pour in milk, sprinkle spices and whisk everything together until bubbly.

CUT OFF YOUR STRINGS and Serve chicken with a drizzle of sauce on top and enjoy!

Click Here To Print!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...