Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter 2014

I started about a week ago reading Easter books to the girls and trying to get them to understand that yes Easter is a lot of fun, but it means so much more than colored eggs and a chocolate bunny. I told them we use fun things to make this day special but we must remember that Jesus is the reason.

Dying eggs is so much fun.  It's like magic for kids to watch white eggs turn into vibrant colored beauties.





This is her dying special egg dying picture pose.


They were both so proud of their eggs when they were done.  I was proud we didn't make a huge mess and nothing got broken.



We did a much better job this year of not buying candy, just one small chocolate bunny each, and I made sure it was hollow even, I know I'm the no fun mom.  


Our backyard is a bit of a mess, ignore it please we are working on changing it up a bit.










My favorite picture of the day.

After hunting for eggs it was time for breakfast.  The girls requested blueberry pancakes and they got it.  I love it when my family makes food requests.  That means I don't have to think about what to make.

I made these silly bunny pancakes and I wasn't sure at first if I would post the picture or not.  But I soon realized that I didn't make these pancakes to get a bazillion repins on pinterest.  I made them for my children.  And my children loved them.

I think it's important to remember that no blogger is perfect.  It's easy to look at bloggers and everything awesome they do and wonder how they do it all.  How come everything looks so perfect and how do they keep their house so clean all the time?  How do they have time for it all?  I think it's important to remember to not try and keep up with the bloggers.  We show off our awesome stuff because it's awesome.  Do you think I'm going to take a picture of my living room when it's a mess and post it for the world to see.  No I'm not, and other bloggers don't either.  So here is my proof of being a regular human, here is my pintrosisty.  And it was also perfect, because that's what my children thought, and I made it for them.

I digress...back to our Easter fun day....


 Easter bread! So fun, the girls asked if we could have it every year, and yes I think we will.


And of course sticky little hands sneaking a deviled egg.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...