Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Pumpkin Smoothie

We have started a new family tradition! Pumpkin smoothie while carving pumpkins.  
Best. Idea. Ever. 
I didn't have all the ingredients for any of the recipes I looked at, so I winged it.  I'm good at winging it, I have a habit of trying things out without even reading the tutorial.  It gets me into trouble every now and then again, but no hospitalizations to date, and so my bad habit continues.

1 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 cup pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling, I had canned pumpkin chunks a year ago and used that)
2 tablespoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2  teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup milk
1/2 to 1 cup ice as desired
Whipped cream for topping

Blend it all up, top with whipped cream, and drink it down. Delish!



I'm pretty sure is more like a every other day kind of tradition rather than a once a year while carving pumpkins kind of deal.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...