Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Homemade poultry seasoning

The only time I use poultry seasoning is when I'm making a big pile of stuffing.  And those dinky little bottles they sell it in are ridiculous.  I need a ton of them.  Two years ago I was doing my pre Thanksgiving grocery shopping and the store was out of poultry seasoning.  I went to another store and it was out as well.  I decided to make my own.  After looking at a few recipes out there I 'made' my own.  I like mine a tiny bit more sagey.

1/2 Cup Sage
1/3 Cup Thyme
1/4 Cup Marjoram
1/8 Cup Nutmeg
1/8 Cup Pepper


If you have all finely ground spices just put all of it in a jar and give it a good shake. Mine were not so I put them all in my magic bullet and let it grind em and mix em up. Then I dumped it all in a jar.  Easy as pie. 

1 comment :

  1. Thanks... I use A LOT of sage.... inside and outside of a chicken. In soups and love it on pork!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...