Monday, October 6, 2014

Thankful Tree

It's getting nearish to thanksgiving, so for once I'm posting this in time for you to make your own.  Go me! I wouldn't count on it happening again anytime soon, though I do try!

Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.~ 1 Thessalonians 5:18 ESV

We decided to do a thankful tree last November(and will do another this November).  My original plan was that we would all pick one thing to be thankful for every night at dinner.  I didn't know how well the girls would do with this.

They love watching the tree fill up so much that they had a having a hard time containing themselves to just one a day.  And who am I to tell them when to stop being thankful? I refuse to stop them.

They have been thankful for everything and anything.  Cheyenne is thankful for snakes(gross!), the vacuum, leaves, and apples.  Harlee is thankful for wish presents(and if she ever gets a wish present she is going to wish for a dragon that eats hearts), jugs, and blue sky.  They are both thankful for their mom and dad, each other and God.  Just to name a few.

I do love these girls and I love seeing what they are thankful for.  I couldn't of imagined how big our tree was to get by the end of the month.


One day, Harlee said she was thankful for today.  How profound for a five year old! I have to say today didn't even come to mind for something to be thankful for, but it should of.

I'm thankful for thankful girls, who think of new things to be thankful for everyday.  They think of the little things, the big things and everything in between.




Here is our finished thankful tree.  It has been so much fun.  The girls actually ask to do it in the evenings.  We got these leaves, which made it super easy, but I didn't realize how many of them we would use. I only have about half left, but I am thankful we are thankful for so many different things.  I'm glad I didn't cut all those leaves out of construction paper! That would take way to long and I just don't have time for that.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...