Friday, May 2, 2014

Elk Stir Fry

Living in rural Colorado hunting season is a BIG time of the year. Not only is it my favorite time of the year for going out and making memories in the woods, but its also my major grocery shopping for the year. No meat wrapped in plastic in my household all my meat is organic mountain fed elk, deer, bear, pronghorn, or sometimes even mountain lion. Yes, I said mountain lion. Anyways elk is what I have a majority of every year and I love cooking with it. I believe elk is some of the best tasting meat on the planet. No joke.... this stuff is seriously THAT good! Elk stir fry is a different direction to take this lean meat, but it is a delicious direction!

Give it a try and Enjoy! 

Redneck Panda Express.

Elk Stir Fry

2 Pounds elk meat (I use back strap, shoulder, or hind quarter steak meat)
1 Purple onion
2 Red bell peppers 
1 Tablespoon butter
2 Tablespoons montreal steak seasoning 
1 Cup stir fry sauce ( I use Kikkoman brand)

Slice your onion, bell peppers and in a pan caramelize in butter over medium high heat. Slice your meat in skinny strips and season with steak seasoning. Once onions and peppers are caramelized transfer them to a plate and cook your sliced meat in pan over medium high heat until desired temperature. Once meat is cooked pour onion/pepper mixture back over meat and mix together in pan over medium heat. Once mixed pour over your stir fry sauce and stir until blended. Serve over rice.

*Tips*
I have used a variety of veggies in this recipe as well. So whatever you desire throw it in with your peppers and onions when caramelizing! Add more sauce if you wish for more. Can be served over Udon noodles, too!


Click here to print!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...